Introducing New BOL Centrepieces: we're making veg the main event.
Available in Tesco, the range consists of three plant powered main courses to be shared and enjoyed. Each dish comes ready marinated, glazed and topped with a crunchy seed sprinkle. All you need to do is pop in the oven, pair with some simple side dishes and finish everything off with our delicious drizzles.
Ready in just 35 minutes, our Indian Spiced Butternut Squash dish comes pre-marinated with our ten spice blend and topped with an almond pistachio crumb and a mango chutney. Pop in the oven and that’s dinner, sorted.
Not sure what delicious side to make with it?
Homemade vegan chef and photographer @romylondonuk paired our Butternut Centrepiece with a coconut dhal
What you’ll need (serves 2)
- 1 BOL Indian Spiced Butternut Squash Centrepiece
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g red lentils (dry)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 tsp coconut shreds
How to make it
- Preheat your oven and prepare your BOL Indian Spiced Butternut Squash according to packaging instructions.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium/high heat and fry the onion for 2 minutes until translucent. Add in the crushed garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add your curry powder, ginger, and coconut shreds, and toast them in the saucepan for 1 minute before adding the red lentils. Stir and toast for a further minute, then add in your tin of coconut milk and stir to combine everything.
- Keep a jug of water nearby and stir the dhal regularly, adding little amounts of water whenever the lentils have soaked up the liquid. Cook for about 15 minutes or until your lentils are soft. The dhal should be thick and creamy, so add just about enough water - if you’ve added a little too much, simply cook it for a few minutes longer for the excess water to evaporate.
- Serve the coconut dhal alongside the BOL Indian Spiced Butternut Squash & enjoy
Have a better idea? Show us how you make your Centrepieces @bolfoods
Eat plants, love life 🌱