Quick, easy and healthy, this recipe is the perfect mid-week dinner treat.
This recipe is so easy to make, yet it’s somehow impressive. Pair BOL Sweet & Spicy Glazed Aubergine with a delicious orzo, courgette, edamame stir fry.
Ready in just 25 minutes, our Sweet & Spicy Glazed Aubergine comes pre-marinated in our Szechuan blend, topped with a paprika panko crumb and a miso BBQ drizzle. Pop in the oven and that’s dinner, sorted.
👇Low in saturated fat
🌾 Source of fibre
🌶 Medium spiced
Aubergines are an excellent source of dietary fibre which is an essential part of a healthy diet because it helps keep your digestion running smoothly. They are also a good source of vitamins B1, B6, potassium and high in the minerals copper, magnesium and manganese. So no excuse to not give this recipe a go.
Recipe by @whatluceeats
What you’ll need (serves 2)
- 1 Sweet and Spicy Szechuan glazed Aubergine
- 200g orzo pasta
- 100g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 150g fresh or frozen edamame beans
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 courgette (thinly sliced)
- Handful of crushed peanuts
- Fresh coriander
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180c, remove the film from the tray of the aubergine and place in the oven to roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the orzo as per instructions.
- In a separate pan add a glug of oil of choice along with the sliced courgette, tomatoes and garlic. Cook for a few minutes before adding the crumbed vegetable stock cube, soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Once the orzo is cooked drain and rinse with cold water. Add it to the pan with the tomatoes along with the peanut butter. Add the edamame beans and combine.
- Cook for a few minutes until the beans are cooked and then plate up.
- Add the aubergine on top and garnish with the sticky miso BBQ sauce, crushed peanuts and fresh coriander.
Looking for more easy and healthy dinner ideas? Make sure to check out our BOL Indian Spiced Butternut Squash and Coconut Dhal recipe.
Think you have a better idea? Show us how you make your Centrepieces @bolfoods