Quick and healthy, this butternut squash tray bake is the perfect mid-week dinner treat.
Not sure what to have for dinner? Give this super easy and extremely delicious veggie tray bake a go. The great thing about this recipe is that it can be tailored to whatever you fancy. You can easily add or use different vegetables such as carrots, aubergines, courgettes etc, as well as mixing up the spices too.
Our Indian Spiced Butternut Squash comes pre-marinated in our 10 spice blend, topped with an almond pistachio crumb and a mango chutney drizzle. Pop in the oven and that’s dinner, sorted.
👇Low in saturated fat
🙌 Packed with vitamins
🌶 Medium spiced
Butternut squash is a great source of fibre, as well as vitamins including A, C, E and B. It contains important minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and zinc — all of which play important roles in bone health.
Recipe by @whatluceeats
What you’ll need (serves 2)
- 1 Indian Spiced Butternut Squash
- 2 tablespoons of extra virging olive oil
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 large red onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 red pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 parsnip (cut into batons)
- 2 handfuls of kale
- Sliced fresh green chilli
- Fresh coriander
- Coconut yoghurt
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180c, remove the film from the tray of the butternut squash and place in the oven to roast for 30 minutes.
- Combine the chickpeas with the ground cumin and paprika and then scatter on a large baking tray. Add the red onion, pepper and parsnip and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile massage the remaining olive oil into the kale and leave to sit.
- When there are 5 minutes remaining add the kale to the tray with the chickpeas and place back in the oven.
- When ready to serve, add the butternut squash to the rest of the tray, drizzle with the mango chutney sachet and coconut yoghurt.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and green chilli and enjoy!
Looking for more easy and healthy dinner ideas? Make sure to check out our BOL Sweet and Spicy Glazed Aubergine and orzo stir fry.
Think you have a better idea? Show us how you make your Centrepieces @bolfoods