Today is national brownie day and we are ready to celebrate in style with these moist, fudgy, plant-based brownies. Balanced lifestyles should include the occasional treat, and this chocolatey day is the perfect occasion for a little weekend indulgence with friends. If you make these delicious little guys don’t forget to tag us @BOLFoods.
For the Brownies:
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup packed light brown Sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 Tbsp espresso or instant coffee
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional toppings: chopped chocolate, nuts, raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, two sugars, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. Pour in milk, vegetable oil and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
4. Spread in a 9x9 baking tin.
5. Sprinkle your topping of choice (if desired).
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (or with a few crumbs).
7. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
8. Devour, potentially with dairy-free ice cream or extra toppings.