Make veg the main event with these delicious spicy cauliflower loaded flatbreads.
Whether you’re trying to eat less meat, pack your meals with more veg, or go completely vegan, coming up with plant based recipes can be daunting. Without meat, dairy, and other animal products, you're often left with a plate full of plants — but here at BOL, we know what a wonderful opportunity that can be.
Get inspired with this delicious flatbread recipe from @whatluceeats - think smoky barbecue, cool cucumber, creamy avocado and zesty red cabbage… It’s guaranteed to impress any guest.
If you're looking for a quick mid-week dinner or for a fun and versatile recipe to entertain your guests, this recipe will work a treat.
What you’ll need (serves 2 - or double up for more)
- 1 BOL Foods Spicy Buffalo Cauli Wings (get it from Tesco)
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200g vegan coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced using a peeler into ribbons)
- 2 tablespoons of pickled red cabbage
- 1 spring onion (sliced)
- 1 green chilli (deseeded and sliced)
- Fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
How to make it
- Begin combining the flour and coconut yoghurt in a bowl. The ingredients should come together as a dough. Dependent on the type of yoghurt used you may need to add more yoghurt to bring the dough together, or more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Once dough like leave to one side for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180c and cook the cauli wings as per instructions.
- When the dough has rested heat a griddle or normal non-stick pan on a medium heat. Split the dough into 2 and sprinkle a dusting of flour onto your work surface.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out both pieces of dough until they are roughly 1/2 cm thick.
- Add a drizzle of oil of choice to the hot pan and then add 1 flatbread at a time. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side. Repeat with the second.
- Load the flatbreads up with the cooked cauli wings, sliced avocado, pickled red cabbage and cucumber ribbons.
- Drizzle over the BBQ sauce that comes with the wings and finish by garnishing with green chilli, spring onion and fresh parsley.
Feeling tacos rather than flatbreads? Check out our Whole Roasted Cauliflower Tacos recipe.
We would love to hear your thoughts, stories or any questions your may have. Drop us a DM (@bolfoods) or pop an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eat plants, love life 🌱