Introducing New BOL Centrepieces: we're making veg the main event
The range consists of three plant powered main courses to be shared and enjoyed. Each dish comes ready marinated, glazed and topped with a crunchy seed sprinkle. All you need to do is pop in the oven, pair with some simple side dishes and finish everything off with our delicious drizzles.
Ready in just 25 minutes, our Sweet & Spicy Glazed Aubergine comes pre-marinated in our Szechuan blend, topped with a paprika panko crumb and a miso BBQ drizzle. Pop in the oven and that’s dinner, sorted.
Not sure what delicious side to make with it?
Pair our Aubergine Centrepiece with sprouting broccoli & red pepper stir fry with creamy peanut noodles.
What you’ll need (serves 2)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 200g sprouting broccoli, ends trimmed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 heaped tbsp of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- The juice of half a lime
- 1⁄2 tsp of chilli flakes
- 50ml water
- 150g of dried noodles or 300g straight to wok noodles
- BOL Sweet & Spicy Glazed Aubergine Centrepiece
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 220 Fan
- Remove sleeve, sachet and film and pop your sweet & spicy Aubergine in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes (for an extra crispy finish, place aubergine directly on a baking tray for 25 minutes)
- If you’re using dried noodles, cook your noodles, drain and leave to one side
- Heat a wok over medium heat with a splash of oil, add the broccoli and red pepper and stir fry for 3-4 mins before adding the noodles
- Mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, chilli flakes and water then reduce the heat, pour into the wok and toss until the noodles are glossy and coated
- Serve with your sweet & spicy aubergine and garnish with slices of red chilli, a fresh squeeze of lime and your miso BBQ sauce
Have a better idea? Show us how you make your Centrepieces @bolfoods
Eat plants, love life 🌱